Gastrointestinal surgery in Santa Barbara, California
When a disease or disorder affects the abdominal organs, such as the intestines, stomach, colon, or gallbladder, it is important to find a skilled and experienced surgeon who can provide safe and effective treatment.
Board-certified surgeon Dr. David Thoman specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery in Santa Barbara, California. He has helped thousands of women and men resolve their conditions and quickly return to their lives.
Your options for laparoscopic surgery
Request Appointment Link
If you are experiencing disease or difficulties with any of the following organs, this section is designed to give you more information about laparoscopic treatment:
- Colon and Rectal: Colon cancer and other diseases of the colon and rectum can be treated with laparoscopic colon resection surgery.
- Hernias: Patients of all ages receive relief from hernia pain and are able to quickly return to their normal activities with this laparoscopic procedure.
- Heartburn: When heartburn symptoms can’t be controlled with medication or lifestyle changes this surgical procedure can relieve pain and discomfort.
- Stomach: When disease strikes all or part of the stomach, Dr. Thoman uses laparoscopic gastrectomy to effectively treat the problem.
- Spleen: Splenectomy is the removal of an enlarged or ruptured spleen
- Adrenal Glands: Tumors of the adrenal glands can be resolved with minimal required recovery through laparoscopic adrenalectomy.
- Gallbladder and Ducts: Complications of the gallbladder and bile ducts can be resolved with this laparoscopic procedure.
- Bowel Obstruction: This complication, most often due to “open” surgery, can be effectively resolved through laparoscopic enterolysis.